A great first time Packrafting experience!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The tour is run by IPIA certified professional packrafting guides.
- We require 2 people minimum for the tour to run
- Minimum age is 12 years, though the trip may not be suitable for all 12 year olds! Please ask.
- All participants need to be able to swim
- Tour includes all the required instruction and is suitable for absolute beginners!
- We provide all the specialty gear–boats, paddles, lifejackets, wetsuits, and helmets.
- Start at 8:30am & back in town by around 5:30pm
- Lunch included
- Super light, weighing as little as 2.3 kg!
- Extremely stable, even in whitewater.
- Small, packing down to the size of one man tent
- Super robust and hard to damage, but easy to fix
- Much more comfortable then a normal kayak
- Highly addictive (consider yourself warned…)
- Able to carry heaps of gear, even a bike!
Packrafting, in short, is a mix of kayaking (or rafting) and tramping. They are paddled like a kayak but have the stability of a Raft. The boats themselves are super light and fold down to the size of a one man tent.
Additional Tour Information :
- Departs from and returns to Queenstown
- ~8 km walking and ~8 km paddling
- Operates in most weather conditions
- Stunning scenery is 100% guaranteed!
- Lunch options available for those with special dietary needs.
- Operates via our partners, Packrafting Queenstown
INTERESTED? But not quite sure if the tour is for you? Just stick your email in the box below and we’ll send a detailed information packet right to your inbox to help you decide.
Are you READY TO COMMIT? Then scroll down to the “Registration” links to check dates, prices, or to book a spot in a a tour!
Or, you can ASK US A QUESTION. If you can’t already tell, we’re always happy to talk about packrafting!
- Use the Check Dates & Prices buttons below in the registration section to fill in the booking form for the dates you prefer
- When you’re ready, payment can be bank transfer or Credit Card (+3%)
- Feel free to give us a call or email if you have more questions
Get in Contact
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- When you book a spot in a course or on a trip, or reserve a rental boat, we require a 25% deposit of the total cost. This secures your spot or reservation.
- The balance of payments should be paid no later than four weeks prior to the departure/rental date unless other arrangements are made. If you don’t do this, we may cancel your booking or reservation, so make sure to keep track of time as your trip is getting nearer. In this case, you won’t get your deposit back.
- If you need to cancel your trip or reservation after you’ve paid, you’ll get a refund based on how far in advance of the trip you cancel.
- If it’s more than 12 weeks out, we’ll refund the entire amount, including the deposit, but minus the 1.9% fee which we’ve had to pay to the booking system (sorry!).
- If it’s between 8 and 12 weeks until your big adventure, you’ll lose your deposit, but get back all of the rest.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks you’ll lose the deposit, and get back 80% of the rest.
- Within 4 weeks no refund applies.
- Once your trips, rentals or course has commenced no refund applies due to any circumstances.
GOOD NEWS! If you do need to cancel, we’re happy to honor your booking or reservation by moving it to another available date, whenever possible. We’ll extend this courtesy for up to a year from the date of your original trip or rental reservation, so just get in touch.