MULTI-DAY RENTAL PACKAGE
Experience the packrafting Lifestyle
Experience the packrafting lifestyle. Our three day self-guided trip is the perfect wilderness get-away for those prior outdoor camping experience, and offers a real chance to discover the potential of these awesome little boats.
- Super light, weighing as little as 2.3 kg!
- Extremely stable, even in whitewater.
- Small, packing down to the size of one man tent
- Super robust and hard to damage, but easy to fix
- Much more comfortable then a normal kayak
- Highly addictive (consider yourself warned…)
- Able to carry heaps of gear, even a bike!
Packrafting, in short, is a mix of kayaking (or rafting) and tramping. They are paddled like a kayak but have the stability of a Raft. The boats themselves are super light and fold down to the size of a one man tent.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 2 people as min
- Min age is 15 years of age
- You need to be able to swim
- All rentals include packrafting skill & safety training
- Our busy Season is from Dec – March and it pays to arrange your rentals early.
- Start on the first day is at 8:30am
- Personal / Group guides are optional
- Experience Level = BEGINNER / PADDLED BEFORE
- Feel free to give us a call or email if you have any questions
- Packraft basic safety & skill training
- 24 km River paddle
- ~ 15 km Lake paddle
- Climb The Monument
- 8 km hike in Fiordland
- Camping at secluded beaches or Hut stays
- Shuttle to and from your adventure day
Please Note : We are expecting a certain skill level if you decided to rent equipment from us for the planned trip. The assessment will check that you have the skill level to do your planned trip safely and look after our kit. If you do not meet the requirements we reserve the right to not hire out our gear but will try and give you some options.
WANT TO LEARN MORE about our multi-day rental package before committing? Just stick your email in the box below and download a detailed information packet right to your device to help you decide.
READY TO BOOK? Scroll down to the “Registration” section to check on your dates and register
Or, you can ASK US A QUESTION. If you can’t already tell, we’re always happy to talk about packrafting!
DOWNLOAD FREE INFO BROCHURE
Download link will pop up just below the email field !
GET IN CONTACT
- When you book a spot in a course or on a trip, or reserve a rental boat, we require full payment. This secures your spot or reservation.
- If you need to cancel your trip or reservation after you’ve paid, you’ll get a refund based on how far in advance of the trip you cancel.
- If it’s more than 12 weeks out, we’ll refund the entire amount, including the deposit, but minus the 1.9% fee which we’ve had to pay to the booking system (sorry!).
- If it’s between 8 and 12 weeks until your big adventure, you’ll lose your deposit, but get back all of the rest.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks you’ll lose 20%, and get back 80% of the rest.
- Within 4 weeks no refund applies.
- Once your trips, rentals or course has commenced no refund applies due to any circumstances.
GOOD NEWS! If you do need to cancel, we’re happy to honor your booking or reservation by moving it to another available date, whenever possible. We’ll extend this courtesy for up to a year from the date of your original trip or rental reservation, so just get in touch.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you arrange personal travel/medical insurance. This will protect you for any loss of fares if you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances.
The weather in Fiordland can be very unpredictable and change dramatically, very quickly; the close proximity of towering mountains and the ocean makes for conditions and temperatures that can vary markedly during the course of a day. Fiordland is one of the wettest places on the planet.
Summer months average around 20°C but the evenings can be a little cooler. Winter temperatures average around 10°C on the coast with the evenings much colder.It is not unusual to experience both summer and winter conditions and temperatures on the same day!
It is important to be prepared for the worst conditions carry the appropriate clothing at all times. In the event of extreme weather, your safety is our priority and parts of the day may need to be changed. Any decision to do so is a professional decision made by your guide, please respect their decision as it is based on experience and with your safety in mind.
Regardless of the conditions you experience, sun, rain, a combination of the two, or anything in between, your experience on our 3 day tour will be a memorable one.